Sunday, December 4, 2011

Rickety but Ready for Action

The Persians practice with the new towers firing overhead in support of the infantry.

Its been a busy weekend, we walked a few dogs in the local Christmas Parade, there have been food and festivities, but I managed to paint up the tower and a token crew of archers. If I had thought about it before I glued it together, I'd had scribed planking onto it. If my micro-pen wasn't dead, I might have drawn planking on  The stuff on the wheels looked cheesy enough that I decided that in real life you wouldn't see the planking from any great distance so I just skipped it.

I was a little dismayed though that the ink on the orange crates that were used for the main body, bled right through 3 coats of paint. Oh well. Maybe one day I'll fix it.


The New Immortals, hastily painted up. 25mm Garrison

2 comments:

  1. It's turned out very nicely Ross. The Immortals look rather pleased with their new toy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ross

    Looking good. I like the paint job on the wheels - amazing transformation from thumb tacks!

    Peter

    ReplyDelete