An Old Midlish Rhyme
The wind from the North sings of heroes of Olde
The wind from the East makes our blood run Cold
The wind from the South smells of Spices and Gold
But the wind from the West tells of warriors Bold.

Sunday, January 9, 2022

A Bit of Whimsy

 Today Rob (Sharp End  of the Brush blog) and I played a remote game to test the draft of the Gathering of Hosts rules. There were a few little hitches like a case of contradicting information appearing in two different  places having been missed during proofreading, situations which had yet to be covered or where a where something was lacking, and so on, but overall it had the sort of feel I wanted. A good start. 

Unfortunately, I haven't fixed my issues with using the webcam I bought so I once again used my phone and we were using Discord and on the mobile version, I couldn't figure out on the fly how to do screen shots, and hadn't lined up an alternate camera, so......no pics. Sorry. 

I was going to stage some photos afterword but in a sudden flash of silliness, I decided to try making a quick stop motion battle report video, My first attempt at first stop motion ever, and without proper preparation, like a script and a plan etc as well as some technical glitches such as thinking I had successfully hit pause but hadn't allowing the Friendly Giant's hand to appear)!  But it was fun. 

Here's part 1, the beginning. (The video turned into 3 because I twice hit stop instead of pause and I can't seem to use any of the software I have to edit videos.)


Part 2: Attack on the hill:



 

Part 3: The end.


I need to figure out how to use the equipment I have until I can get something better and sit down and plan it out with scripts etc rather than improvising but you never know, there could be some more and better animated battle videos in the future! 

4 comments:

  1. I find the animation nice enough for just starting, and the narration a good touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was totally an impulse. I was just going to take some pictures when I suddenly got the idea to try.

      Delete
  2. Unfortunately, my technology wasn’t up to taking screen shots as we went along, and what spare attention I had was dedicated to making notes on the rules printout. It’s very easy to forget about the future battle report when one gets caught up in the game …

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of these days I'm going to figure out how to connect the #@#@ webcam I bought to my Chromebook so my camera/phone will be available.

      The image on the Discord didn't seem as good as the Skype ones. We'll have to test and compare platforms from that angle.

      Delete