An Old Midlish Rhyme
The wind from the North sings of heroes of Olde
The wind from the East makes our blood run Cold
The wind from the South smells of Spices and Gold
But the wind from the West tells of warriors Bold.

Tuesday, June 20, 2023

The Watchers in the Pass

After last year's raid into the East Watch of the Midlands, the Federation had been waiting and watching for a response from the Midlands. In the woods at the mouth of the Black Pass, the Old Ones watched the roads that the Steel Men might take. Long before the Midlish riders emerged, the word had been passed. 


"Hurry! They are coming!"


 to be continued........

(Note: The archers in the wood are home cast Prince August orcs. I originally painted these weird, hairless, brutes a greenish hue but they never looked right to me. Yesterday I decided to fix them so repainted their flesh and added shaggy hair and beard. Now they fit in! )



7 comments:

  1. Old school fantasy, what’s not to love.
    The former orcs have painted up splendidly and benefit from beards. Real wildmen, cavemen vibe, most effective indeed.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really painted up well as Wildmen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saved from a life in a box at the back of the cupboard.

      Delete
  3. Prince August has a caveman mold in their collection, but without a bow. The orcs look good following their species reassignment surgery...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 50 years ago my 'ancient'/fictional armies included a unit of green skinned, Minifig armoured spear and bow, goblins/orcs. I bought the PA moulds as replacements for them. (never thought to check ebay and con flea markets for the originals, (if you had left any) But somehow green didn't cut it for me, esp since Tolkien actually described them as "swarthy" rather than "green".

      Delete
  4. La I have travelled back to the distant past of 2009! The tales of heroism I glimpsed through the mists of time I found to be inspiring. I must gather to me my finest warriors and continue the voyage forward through time.

    ReplyDelete